Our goal is to provide excellent care for your child every moment of every day. The number and quality of the staff is critical to make that happen. That is why Maryville Children’s Healthcare Center:
1. Employs nurses with extensive experience in caring for medically fragile children, also known as medically complex, as well as children who have suffered an accident or illness and now require transitional health services
2. Provides significant staff training
3. Evaluates the staffing based on the child’s medical condition
4. Hires only staff that really care about children and show it in every interaction
We also believe that a team approach offers patients the best professional collaboration for specialized treatment and customized care. Our Medical Director, Nursing Director, Assistant Nursing Director, Staff Nurses, Certified Nurses Aides, Licensed Dietician and Case Manager make up our team and are available 24 hours a day.
All full-time nurses at the Children's Healthcare Center are required to be PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certified.
Children’s Healthcare Center
’s nurse child staffing ratio is determined based on the individual need of each child. Many individual patient factors are built into our staffing analysis, including such components as:
- number and type of the child’s medications
- the child’s mobility, weight and assistive devices needed
- the child’s ability to participate in care and ability to communicate
- special treatments and equipment, such as ventilators and dialysis
Part of the peace of mind that comes when your child is at the Children's Healthcare Center is the knowledge that the child will be well cared for in all ways: medically, emotionally and physically.