• A passionate and skilled Human Resources Professional with over 15 years of experience.
• Strategic leader of the Human Resources department and across the organization.
• Adept at directing all HR functions including policy design, employee benefits, safety and wellness programs, leaves of absence and accommodations, full-cycle recruiting, talent development, payroll, and employee relations in both union and non-union environments.
Knowledge and Skills
• HR Operations Management
• Coaching and Advising Senior Leadership
• Legal and Regulatory Compliance
• Employment Law
• Vendor Management
• Effective, Multi-Level Communication
• Data Collection, Analysis, and Interpretation
• Project Management
• ADP Enterprise, ADP Workforce Now
• Taleo and Clear Company ATS
• Expert Skill Using MS Office Suite
• Conversational in Spanish
Maryville Academy Des Plaines, Illinois October 2015 to Present Oversee all HR operations for a non-profit, social service agency with over 400 union and non-union employees. Responsible for development, leadership and motivation to the HR Team.
Director of Human Resources September 2020 to Present
• Provide strategic leadership to the Maryville organization relating to Human Resources.
• Delivered HR expertise to executive level staff on matters such as policy, employee and labor relations, compliance, human resource and benefit trends, and legal changes.
• Ensured regulatory and legal compliance with licensing agencies and mandatory reporting.
Assistant Director of Human Resources October 2016 to September 2020
• Increased department accuracy and efficiency by automating manual administrative functions including benefit enrollment and onboarding.
• Accurately converted 403(b) recordkeeper to improve service to the organization and employees, and reduce costs by $12,000 per year.
• Improved employee satisfaction by improving HR department customer service and reliability.
• Advised employees and managers on policy and sensitive personnel matters with tact, compassion and respect.
• Transitioned payroll system to ADP Workforce Now.
• Developed system to accurately reconcile premium payments and invoices.
Human Resources Generalist October 2015 to October 2016
• Created and implemented communication strategy for HR initiatives and open enrollment.
• Maintained leaves of absence including FMLA and workers’ compensation to ensure proper compensation of employees, reduce lost time, and address accommodations.
• Developed new processes to improve HR Department outcomes and standardize information.
• Trained department colleagues on functional areas of HR including benefits, payroll reporting, recruiting, record keeping, documentation, and leaves of absence.
• Ensured compliance with ACA, OSHA, EEO reporting, Council on Accreditation, and annual notices. • Accurately transitioned organization through program closings and new program implementation.
McHenry County Human Resources Woodstock, Illinois January 2005 to September 2015
Deliver general Human Resource services to over 1200 union and non-union employees for a local government agency with a focus on health and welfare benefit administration, communication, compliance, and wellness program design and implementation. The responsibilities also included policy communication and interpretation to employees and management, payroll administration, talent acquisition, and leave administration.
Human Resources Generalist/Wellness Coordinator December 2012 to September 2015
• Maintained health insurance data to ensure accuracy of the health and welfare plans and payments to the employees, vendors, and the County. Reconciled data with payroll records to ensure payroll accuracy.
• Managed dependent audit resulting in 100% response rate and $49,000 in savings to McHenry County.
• Effectively communicated in writing and in person open enrollment changes and options to employees.
• Wellness Committee Chairperson – Led a team of department liaisons to provide new wellness programming to control the healthcare costs to McHenry County. It was estimated that the Wellness Program avoided $105,622 in potential claim costs in 2013 after five years of operation.
• Created, developed, implemented, and evaluated all wellness program offerings including annual biometric screening, challenges, events, lunch and learns, classes, and department presentation to meet employees’ wellness needs and interests.
• Earned an Illinois Healthy Worksite Gold Level Award for McHenry County.
Human Resources Generalist February 2008 to November 2012
Provide general Human Resource services including policy communication, benefits administration, payroll administration, talent acquisition, and leave administration.
• Implemented a new online application system (Taleo).
• Managed the recruiting process including posting positions, evaluating and interviewing applicants, and evaluating the effectiveness of advertising channels.
• Created and distributed a wellness newsletter for County employees.
Human Resources Technician January 2005 to February 2008
Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department for McHenry County including new employee orientation, data entry for payroll and insurance benefits, open enrollment, customer service, recruiting, policy communication, and leave administration. As a team we transitioned to a new payroll system (ADP Enterprise).
Jerome J. Mancuso & Associates Arlington Heights, Illinois December 2002 to August 2003 Employee Benefit Specialist
Provided insurance expertise and excellent service to customers of the insurance agent by describing and comparing insurance options, resolving issues and obtaining quotes for new policies.
Professional Human Resources (PHR) Certification, achieved May 2009 Society of Human Resources Professionals – Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Achieved 2015
University of Wisconsin – Madison Bachelor of Business Administration, May 2000 Major: Management and Human Resources with a Certificate in International Business Universidad De Granada Granada, Spain; Study Abroad Program, January 1997 to May 1997
Boy Scouts of America, Cub Scout Pack 657, Membership Coordinator, Den Leader