Volunteers and Donors are integral parts of our mission at the Crisis Nursery.
We appreciate you and all your support!
Child Care Support
Daily for 2+ hour sessions
- Playing, Reading, Mealtime, Art Projects, Music, and whatever comes our way!
Monday mornings & Tuesday evenings for 2-hour sessions
- Care for children while their parents attend Parent Cafés and parenting classes.
Work in Our Vegetable Garden
Seasonal, Weekly at the Crisis Nursery
- Help us grow fresh produce for the Nursery! Assist with planting, weeding, and harvesting.
Host a Supply Drive or Party
- We are always in need of essentials and books for our children and families!
- Suggestions from the Crisis Nursery staff will help you plan your event.
- Christmas drive 2018 included laundry baskets filled with food or cleaning supplies.
Christmas Party for Our Families
Date TBD at the Augustus Tolton Peace Center
- Join us as we celebrate the season with delicious food, projects, games, and Santa!
Special Projects and Needs
Weekly at the Crisis Nursery
- Organizing In-Kind Donations
These projects vary by month:
- Child Abuse Prevention Month in April
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October
- Help at Resource Fairs or other events held at the Crisis Nursery or Augustus Tolton Peace Center
- Beautification projects inside and outside the Crisis Nursery
- Holidays and Mother’s Day
- Tea Parties
- Special fundraising for larger needs as they arise
- And more!
- Be included on our list of Angels to be called upon as the need arises! Based on your preferences.
- Meet with the outreach committee to learn how you can help spread the word to various people and organizations familiar to you.
- We will provide materials to distribute if applicable.
To register for a tour or for any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org