To learn more about the Maryville Children’s Healthcare Center, please call 773-205-3611. If you have questions about the referral process, please contact Jason Evans at 773-205-3611 or email@example.com.
The Maryville Children’s Healthcare Center accepts:
- Patients from all payors
- DCFS Wards of the State/Intact Family cases
- A child awaiting the DSCC waiver provided they have Medicaid/medical insurance
Information You Will Need to Provide to the CHC (after the initial call):
- Letter of Medical necessity from the attending physician including:(a) the child’s full name, (b) date of birth, (c) medical history, (d) current medical diagnosis, (e) current medical treatment, (f) any pertinent social information, (g) the discharge treatment care plan, (h) list of all prescribed medications during your child’s current stay, (i) discharge medications (if child is currently on or has been prescribed any psychotropic medications within the last year, reason for medications is required).
- A copy of the face sheet from the medical record.
Steps the CHC Will Take:
- Once received, the CHC intake medical staff and Medical Director will determine medical eligibility.
- Upon approval of medical eligibility, the above information will be forwarded to HFS (Healthcare and Family Services) in Springfield and/or to the commercial insurance provider so that the insurance company can begin the pre-certification process will begin for approval of admission to the CHC.
- Once the CHC receives approval (or denial) from commercial insurance and/or HFS, the Admissions Team will contact you/your hospital to discuss the next steps including a tentative admission date.
Once your Child is Accepted for Admission:
- The current hospital:
A. Arranges for the patient’s durable medical equipment (DME), including correspondence with caregivers concerning current DME equipment at home. All DME should be delivered to the CHC a minimum of one day prior to admission.
B. Coordinates with the Admissions Team to arrange for transportation of the child to CHC.
- At least one parent/guardian must be present at the time of admission for the admission to occur.
- The Admissions Team will communicate with the family or the DCFS caseworker regarding required consents, visiting hours, supplies provided, etc. This communication may begin before acceptance.