A temporary emergency shelter for newborns through age six
Do you need 24-hour crisis child care, a referral or help?
We can help. Call our 24-Hour Helpline at 773-205-3637.
The Maryville Crisis Nursery provides free short-term care for children of families who are experiencing a severe disruptive crisis or a family emergency or to prevent that crisis from happening.
Children ages newborn through six years receive round-the-clock childcare, up to 72 hours a stay. This safe and nurturing environment is designed to protect them from harmful experiences and the damaging effects of trauma. Issues that bring families to the Maryville Crisis Nursery include unemployment, parental illness or hospitalization, poverty and homelessness.
Thanks to a generous grant from the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, the Crisis Nursery was able to expand staffing and operations in order to serve more at-risk children and families.
Services offered include:
- 24-hour crisis helpline staffed by childcare professionals
- 24-hour childcare with strictly maintained staff-to-child ratios, healthy meals and snacks and age-appropriate learning activities
- Crisis counseling to provide parents with support, encouragement and parenting advice
- Referrals to community resources for medical care, housing, employment assistance, job training, education, substance abuse treatment and domestic violence prevention.
- New Parent Support Programs at Augustus Tolton Peace Center:
Listen to our families talk about the Crisis Nursery:
PLEASE SUPPORT THE WORK OF THE CRISIS NURSERY with a DONATION.
Donating is also just a click away on our Amazon Wish List. (And if you choose Maryville as your charity of choice via the Amazon Smile program, you can support us whenever you shop at Amazon!)
Maryville Crisis Nursery
6650 W. Irving Park Road
Chicago, IL 60634
Fax: 773- 205-3633
Program Director • Amy T. Kendal, M.S.
24 Hour Helpline 773- 205-3637