Since 2015, Maryville has collaborated with Apna Ghar, Inc., to provide a safe and comfortable place for court-ordered visitation. Supervised visitation is a court-ordered visitation time for visiting/noncustodial parents and their children. Individual visits are carried out under the guidance of a trained staff member. The program’s goal is to strengthen parent-child interactions in a safe way.
In supervised visitation, children can interact with their noncustodial parent in the presence of an experienced facilitator. In safe exchange, the program offers a safe location for parents to pick up and drop off their children for court-ordered unsupervised visits.
Our visitation services include:
- Range from one to two hours
- Are based on a parent’s availability, court order, and program schedule
- In English and/or Spanish
- Occurs in living room-like spaces with age appropriate toys and games
- On-site security
- Separate parking lots and waiting rooms
- Staggered arrival and departure times
- Safety planning
To set up an intake appointment, call Maryville Academy at 847-294-1999.
Apna Ghar provides holistic services and conducts outreach and advocacy across immigrant communities to end gender violence www.apnaghar.org.